Sunday 13 January 2008

The Motivational Post

Does the word motivational actually exist?

Anyway...

If you are looking for reasons to go on diet, well, here are a few:

- Health: the obvious one. Being overweight increases risks of diabetes, high colesterol, which increases risks of any kind of heart problems. It also afects your bones as they carry your weight and this is the very light version. I think I will write a more detailed post about the effects of overweight in a near future.

- Self-esteem: nothing like feeling good with what you have.

- Fashion: well, yes. Not for everything, but if you have a taste for daring fashion, usually being out of shape is not flattering at all. Not that you need to be a size 0, actually, I want to take this opportunity to express my wish of seeing more normal, full figure women on fashion shows. The actual fashion world gives a dreadful example to young girls and, more recently, young boys as well. It is one thing not to be overweight and a completely different want to achieve invisibility through it.

I try to keep these things in mind when I crave chocolate.

No comments: